The majority of mistakes I see with small business owners and their websites can be traced back to an incorrect start. Most commonly I see the following issues:
- Creating a site without a definite purpose
- Promoting a cookie-cutter Site
- Expecting a site not optimized for search engines to rank
- Sites with ineffective lead collection and generation strategies
- Launching a site with no customer interaction or otherwise outside the conversation stream, and,
- Failing to give the prospective lead, customer or client what they want out of your site.
How do you know if you’re making these mistakes, and how do you avoid them? We’ll take them one at a time over the next few weeks and come up with some answers.